Saturday, January 21, 2006

A step in the right direction

Well, it's 3 weeks later and it looks like I'm like most of the other folks who make new year's resolutions... Ahh, well. I don't think I'll lose sleep over the fact that I haven't blogged as regularly as I planned. Frankly, I haven't done many things as frequently as I planned because the freelance project I'm working on has gone on and frickin on. Normally that's a good thing because I bill by the hour, but this time I agreed to a set price. Ugh! Never again! The piece will be great once it's done, but I can't get to that point soon enough.

I've also decided I'm eager to find love. Hormonally, I am ready! But then my head and heart get involved, and my supposed options are quickly leveled. For instance, I seem to be encountering men who are in relationships of some sort, but looking for a little something on the side. I understand things get stagnant sometimes, or people feel trapped for one reason or another, but being the other woman just doesn't work for me. Add in the lying, the deceit, and the all around bad karma. Uh uh... I don't need that. I deserve to be number one. The guy I'm with deserves to be my number one. Compromising's not an option.

I've also been noticing a lot of really great, attractive, funny, intelligent, big hearted guys who just happen to be married and absolutely adore their wives. Catch me in a sour mood and I'll tell you that means all the good ones are taken. Normally it tells me that there are indeed good guys out there; I just need to meet some of the single ones.

I have a contract for the next month or so that has me working on site. It's great for a number of reasons, but mostly because it gets me out of the house and I'm encountering lots of new people. I was even chatted up in the elevator the other day. Nothing really came of it, but it was a step in the right direction.

All in all, that seems to be how the year's going so far: Nothing's really come of it, but it's a step in the right direction. I'll take that -- for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

steps are good- even baby ones.

i know what you mean about the good ones being taken. i like to think, like you, that seeing adoring men loving their wives means there is a chance that could happen for me. at least, i want to believe that!

January 22, 2006 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

I feel like I live in the land of baby steps, but at least I'm not stagnant, or worse -- going backward!

Thanks, Sizzle -- you're my favorite little optimist.

January 28, 2006 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

aw shucks :)

February 3, 2006 at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home