Little reminder
Sifting through papers, piles, and clutter today, letting go of things that are no longer needed. It’s taking awhile to do, but it’s actually rewarding in a number of ways. One step at a time, right?
Came across something Mom and I used to send back and forth when one of us needed encouragement to live a little more fully:
“Come to the cliff,” he said.
“We can't, we’re afraid.”
“Come to the cliff,” he said.
They came.
He pushed them.
And they flew!
Sometimes it’s nice to be reminded to just DO IT -- the universe isn't likely to let us splat!
Came across something Mom and I used to send back and forth when one of us needed encouragement to live a little more fully:
“Come to the cliff,” he said.
“We can't, we’re afraid.”
“Come to the cliff,” he said.
They came.
He pushed them.
And they flew!
Sometimes it’s nice to be reminded to just DO IT -- the universe isn't likely to let us splat!


3 Comments:
gosh n golly, i love that you have such a great little snippet of wisdom shared b/w your mom and you...and that you shared it with us, too!
i miss my goils SOOOO much!....can hardly wait for girls night out!!
OMG - I could not love that more. That should go on the website (that I never seem to be working on). I love when you share bits of your mom with us. :)
Funny, I actually hesitated to post this, 'cause it seemed a little corny, but it's been so motivational over the years, I figured I'd just go for it.
I remember being upset about the *pushing* the first time I read this -- a combo of fear and indignation. Now as much as I still avoid being pushed, I can see the merit and the beauty in it. [Damn, that usually means a push is in my near future...]
Post a Comment
<< Home