Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Shameless

I did something yesterday that I don't normally do, and it feels important to acknowledge this act -- partially to remind myself how good it felt, but also that it can (and should!) happen more often. Yesterday at the phone store, I was a big ol' unabashed flirt! I don't know what came over me...

I walked in and was greeted by a big broad smiling guy (both the smile and the guy were broad.) He was warm and charismatic, attractive in a rugged man's man sort of way, and the first detail I noticed about him was that his eyelashes were so long and curly that they actually curled back on themselves. Never seen that before. He was dressed kind of corporate casual, but had on a few chunky silver rings, which hinted to a little more rebellious side...

Initially we were the only ones there, so the vibe was less retail than usual. Plus the set up was pretty hip -- I sat at a bar and ordered a drink, we worked on connected monitors to gather info, and then he spent a half hour or so catering to my every (phone) need and desire. During that time I became more and more jovial and flirtatious. I wasn't suggestive or over the top, I think I was more relaxed than anything. I wasn't pushing to see him again (though had he shown some interest, I'm sure I'd have been open to drinks), but I was so comfortable being openly playful, had I stuck around much longer I might have actually swooned. (That is so not my usual MO.)

I've been trying to make a conscious effort to be more open, especially with men, and I think what I love most about yesterday's exchange is that it shows me I'm moving in the right direction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

yeah for you!

that is great that you are being open to that. . . good things will come, internally and externally.

:) sizz

March 17, 2006 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home